kifknits

Sunday, May 28, 2006

We have more pictures today.

I have signed up for the Amazing Lace knitalong and want to introduce my team.
My team will consist of the Flirty Ruffles shawl pattern from Fiddlesticks Knitting and a 2500 yd skein of Spider's Web solid from Joslyn's Fiber Farm. It was purchased from Ebay along with the kits for Peacock Feathers, Summer in Kansas and Concert in the Park. This team was chosen due to the fact that every woman needs a good black shawl. It took 24 minutes to wind the skein and the ball winder was practically smoking when done.



I have been busy with my swift and winder this weekend and I had help from the curious pest known as Peanut.



All and all I did get a lot done:




Lace pure wool (100 gr/850 yds) from Handpainted Lace.
I am a little disappointed.
This is their Butter colorway. Very pretty variegated yellow, but one skein was one whole ounce lighter than the other!

This is their Thistle colorway. Both balls the same size but one is variegated and the other is solid blue!

The last two skeins of the Oceanos colorway turned out much better (see the center of the group photo above.) I am now thinking of using all 4 blue skeins in a Pi Shawl starting with the variegated Thistle moving to the solid Thistle and ending with the Oceanos. Plans for the Butter colorway are undecided.

Even more loveliness courtesy of Fleece Artist and a limited edition yarn called Angel Curls (baby loop mohair/wool/nylon - 250 g/2200 m) Clockwise from the top : Jester, Hercules, Wildflowers


Well enough blogging for today, Knit On!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

I really love Flirty Ruffles - its such a beautiful pattern. I can't wait to see yours finished!
Jeanette, from the Amazing Lace KAL

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hee hee, I love the image of a smoking ball winder.

7:17 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Some concern here about a smoking ball winder. Seriously, if you wind too fast, you can stretch the yarn and adversely effect it when knitted. Also, you might want to re-skein some of those winded yarns if they won't be knit in the next month or so. Best to store yarn skeined, not ball-winded.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home